Category Manager (UK based with no set location)
As a new role in the JDP structure this is a great opportunity to influence and contribute to our success. We need a Category Manager to manage a group or category of products from cradle to grave.
You'll be responsible for sourcing, pricing and overall promotion of a product category to maximise customer appeal and fit with JDPs strategy. Relationships with suppliers and product range management will be key parts of this role.
Are you an excellent category manager with extensive experience in understanding customer needs and the civils and drainage environment? In this particular role the ability to link supplier products and market needs to seize new opportunities is crucial.
Essential Skills & Experience
Proven experience as category manager or similar role.
Proven experience in successfully introducing new ranges.
Solid knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles.
Excellent communication and people skills.
Extensive experience of the civils and drainage market.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Analyse data or insights to determine industry and customer trends and identify business opportunities for JDP.
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories through all JDP customer segments and channels.
- Identify the best suppliers for our product requirements and negotiate the best deal.
- Build trust relationships with suppliers to achieve better pricing and quality of service based on JDP being the best route to market for their products.
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products and work with inventory to keep provisioned stock to a minimum.
- Develop range strategies for the products within the category. Including what will be stocked where and in what quantities.
- Work with internal stakeholders to build merchandising plans for products.
- Work with marketing teams to develop promotional campaigns for a product category.
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory.
- Assume responsibility for overseeing budget development and revenue for category.